Brasserie La Vie
Food Court, French
Terminal 5 (JFK International Airport)
New York, NY 11422
- Order wine by the bottle...JetBlue will let you bring whatever's left onto your flight.
- Like a smaller Balthazar (theyre owned by the same people). Try the Steak Sandwich, The Salade Nicoise or the Sauteed Prawn Provencal.
- Atypical airport bistro that doesn't feel or taste terminalsque at all. A Croque-Madame and a Chardonnay will make you feel you accidentally boarded on Air France and landed in Paris. C'est la vie!
- I try to fly Jet Blue just so I can eat and drink here. The Croque Madame is the best anywhere. Drinks are decent though the booze selection is somewhat lacking. I concur with Maille, Jeff is da bomb!
- Waitstaff is incredibly friendly, prices are comparable to NYC restaurants, I overheard several people say the coffee was delicious, and a great place to make you feel like you're not at the airport.
- Similar menu to the fancier Resto nearby, but mostly cheaper by a few dollars a dish.
- Salad Nicoise is divine.
- what's good here, you ask? not much. don't waste your time. premade food that's cold when it gets to you, mystery meat and rock hard biscuits. sad to see pleasant, competent waitstaff go to waste.
- this place really went down the tubes recently. mediocre food, ketchup in a plastic cup and a plastic knife to go with a regular fork. terrible.
- Very nice French bistr. Great onion soup and croque monsieur. The wine list is good and service is excellent. Best place in T5!
- Shockingly pricey, even for airport food ($18 for a small chicken Caesar, entres easily pass $30). Good selection of wine & beer, though.
- All or most of the restaurants on the T5 circle are owned by the same group, food from the same kitchen. I had the kale salad with chicken, no regrets. Bartender was very nice.
- Joseph a one Man show and the food
- Breakfast, omelettes, coffee!
- Pretty good for an airport. The Croque Madame was delicious.
- Tasty Monte Cristo
- Surprisingly well presented food that's not bad... considering
- Sever "RJ" is amazing and with a smile!! Whatever they pay him isn't enough!
- Awesome food. WAY better than your typical airport place. Check out onion soup and nioise baguette sandwich.
- Another solid terminal 5 option. Coffee here.