Whisky Bar, Bar, American
2348 Wisconsin Ave NW (at Calvert St. NW)
Washington, DC 20007
Lists & rankings
- Don't forget to close the FRONT DOOR!!
- eat the waffle fries. awesome.
- Drink it's namesake. $3 Drafts of good beers for happy hour 4-7. Sweet potatoe chips. Popular with baseball crowd.
- Try the tater-tots
- Ask for old bay on the tots. And the chili mac is actually very good.
- good rueban sandwiches.
- Horrible service. When moving two small tables to accommodate a group I was yelled at I told him I was trying to give them business we were told " we don't need your money" so I won't be back
- Go upstairs if you are with a big party. I also challenge you to drinking -Paulie G
- $3.50 drafts until 7:30pm, M-F; TATER TOTS!!!1
- There's an bartender named Sam who provides top notch service and If you're a history buff, you've found both your favorite bar and conversation buddy all in one
- Bring your pooch and sit on the patio.
- Ask Matt to make you a Bufala Negra.
- Get the lamb burger!
- Kats boss. Fried chicken and taters boss as well.
- The best kept secret is Mark's Mother's Flash-Fried Meatloaf. You'll want some gravy.
- Beware of the Yeti.
- Twelve dollars.
- They know their crowd, but they keep the whipped cream vodka on the bottom shelf where it belongs.
- Leave the door open.
- Sam Welsh is the sexiest bar back there.