The Book Thing
Bookstore, Thrift / Vintage
3001 Vineyard Ln (btwn Barclay And Greenmount)
Baltimore, MD 21218
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
- SO MANY FREE BOOKS. Every time I'm here it's something new. They also accept book donations. It's a great project and worth visiting. Make sure to wear a coat, it's cold inside in the winter.
- Take as much as you can
- Dont expect to do The Book Thing in a rush. While everything's organized into loose categories, you'll be sifting through the shelves for hidden treasures. It's part of the fun!
- Free books!!! Also a fabulous place to donate your old books.
- Great outing for kids. We make our girls fill up their bags with books they want to give away before going and they more than will fit into their bags on the way home
- You may need to exercise some constraint if on foot, free books can become a mountain very quickly.
- Go to the Book Thing and bring a couple of sturdy totebags to carry your book booty! (Bring some good stuff to donate, too!) Careful where you park -- other lots are being fussy lately.
- Free books!!
- I will not bring 50 books home. I will not bring 50 books home. I will not bring 50 books home. Keep repeating that to yourself when here.
- Positively addicting. Be greedy but make sure you share as well. One of Baltimore's great gems.
- Only park on the street or in the lot with their main entrance.
- Found a Harry Potter book in perfect condition
- Books galore! Bring a bag or a box.
- Free books, as many as you'd like. Enough said.
- You never know what you'll find!
- Amazing little free book store.
- Expect to be there a long time! So much stuff to sort through.
- Free books? WHAT?! Best time to browse is when it's cool outside. There's no AC.
- It's always amazing the books we find here! In love with this place.
- This is an amazing place. I had to get books for my 7th grade classroom. I found so many good books!