Bonneville Lock & Dam
Other Outdoors, Scenic Lookout, Travel
Cascade Locks, OR 97014
- This is the last place I went with my mom before she passed away. The drive in from Vancouver is beautiful. She loved it. RIP Mom <3
- I hear only weird people hang here. This guy I know hangs there, he is weird. His name is steve.
- It's a DAM GGOD TIME!! Definitely worth checking out!
- Make sure you go down to the First floor to view the fish underwater
- Really disappointing. beautiful brutalist visitor Centre. But you can't see much of the dam.
- It's really cool to see where our power in Portland is made. Be sure to go on the guided tour and check out the viewing area for the fish ladder.
- Impressive dam! Also X-Men shoot location!
- If you are here in season (late summer-fall) go watch the salmon on the fish ladder and from below through the viewing windows
- Such a great place. Seeing the fish swim up the ladder is one of the most special things you can do in Oregon. Great tour guide. Seeing a WPA project makes you proud to be an American.
- Tribes could kill Columbia River sea lions under new bill: Oregon environment roundup
- Surprisingly interesting place! Huge bits of infrastructure - electricity, water etc. plus a ladder to help fish get past the dam with windows you can look into
- Come at 1 or 3 PM (winter time) to take part in tour
- This museum is old fashion but is cool
- Ranger Ryan is a great tour guide and is very informative makes learning fun !!!
- In need of a kid-sized life jacket? Bonneville Lock & Dam is part of the BoatUS Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Program, ask a staff member how you can borrow a life jacket for FREE!
- Was hoping to see fish jumping didn't..
- Bring your children during the Great Electrifying Event in late February. There are no fish but there are extra interactive exhibits that my second-grader really loved.
- The powerhouse is disappointing. The fish ladder is cool.
- Beautiful view!
- The tour to the first Powerhouse, which includes a look at the fish ladders, is good.