The Blowing Rock
Mountain, Scenic Lookout
- $7 charge to walk out and get some photos. Not a long enough hike to be worth it.
- Just park around the corner and take your pictures somewhere else.
- Good sized souvenir shop.
- 7 bucks to access the rock. Your admission is good all day so come and go as you please. Lunch nearby at Outback.
- Gift shop cute souvenirs.
- Major tourist trap. $7 to get in. If you want views, just drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at an overlook for free. If you want hiking, there are plenty of places to hike for free.
- Great place for families and first-time tourists! I'm a Watauga County native and I've loved it here since I was a kid. Bring a windbreaker, though, it gets chilly even in the summer!