Black Sand Beach
Hāna, HI 96713
- Gorgeous! If you ever get the chance, go here! =)
- On a day trip to Hana you should definitively stop at this black sand beach. Pretty amazing sight and good place to take a break from the drive.
- Breathtakingly gorgeous! Sand is rough almost like pebbles, though.
- Cool lava tube!!
- How often do you get to see a black sand beach? Go here if you're in the area. It's magical but can get crowded. The caves are decent but not worth the effort.
- Way too cool
- Don't forget to check out the caves when your there
- Fantastic volcano area,along with trees in the surroundings,a must see when you visit Maui!
- Spectacular views , the shore is fill of black pebbles and there's a small cave which has some good views too.
- Nice big waves all the way to shore. Highly recommended
- One of the most well-known myths in Hawaii says that any visitor who takes rock or sand away from the Hawaii islands will suffer bad luck until the native Hawaiian elements are returned.
- Beautiful black beach!
- Very cool beach. Black sand. Lava rocks. Bit of hiking. On a sunny day, worth the ride!
- It is beautiful, but it's more of a black rock beach. It is still worth going. The water is so clear and clean. There are also lave tubes too.
- My sisters and I had a lunch in the rain at the picnic benches before exploring. What a cool day!
- Get in the cave when it's raining, the show is fabulous
- Come to see the tourists pack in. Just don't stay long. You may needs shies the "sand" is really small rocks.
- This was for me the only enjoyable stop on our hana drive. If you are in the area it's definitely worth to stop for a while.
- Beautiful exotic looking beach. Worth the diversion from the road to Hana. There are a couple caves to swim at too. I believe this is the only black sand beach on the Island.
- Awesome place to take the kids. The rocks are a little rough so reef walkers are a good idea