Billy Goat Trail
Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historic Park
Potomac, MD 20854
- Trail A is very strenuous, B is a bit easier and C is the easiest. If you commit to A, bring plenty of water and watch the markers, it's easy to go off the trail
- Has the 60 foot jump on this side and the 80 is on the opposite side in Virginia
- Yay so fun! $5 per vehicle fee. Get there early as parking lot and trail get busy late morning on weekends. Wish this place had a bottle refill station, :-(
- You'll get sweaty
- While on Section C, you can spot the Scotts Run waterfall across the Potomac! :)
- If it's raining and you don't want to cancel your plans, Section B is a good alternative. It's mostly covered by trees.
- Whether you're on the river or hiking the trails this is an awesome place to let your mind go just relax and sort things out one thing at a time.
- Trail A is the most difficult so I recommend a lot f water and extra energy snacks to keep you going. Make sure to look out for the markers
- The best hiking trail in the area and the best hangover remedy I've ever come across.
- Just did Billy Goat B. Leg isn't healed enough for "A" Trail. Perfect Weather.
- Trail B is a nice short trail. One small section where you have to walk up a steep rock, cut well enough that you dont need to crawl or climb.
- Recently redone and absolutely beautiful.
- Trails are a great way to exercise and experience nature! Go on and get out there!
- You have to be able to climb a little bit and jump between boulders.
- A lot of fun and tougher than I thought
- Pets aren't allowed on Trail A, but you can definitely bring your dog on Trails B and C!
- Great trail if your ready for a workout.
- Perfect for hiking
- Awesome views!
- Great place to go for a hike
9200 Old Dominion Dr (at Georgetown Pike)
10801 MacArthur Blvd