Big Blue Bear (I See What You Mean)
Outdoor Sculpture, Public Art
700 14th St (California Street)
Denver, CO 80202
- This sculpture is called "I See What You Mean" by Laurence Argent. AKA The Big Blue Bear.
- Denver's most beloved public art... For good reason.
- This is Denver's landmark. Be sure to stop by!
- The polymer-concrete-clad statue is 40 feet tall and was installed in June of 2005.
- Climb that big ass blue bear
- GABF 2018! 800 breweries, over 4000 beers, and goodnight!
- Fantastic sculpture done by Lawrence Argent, who has since passed away.
- My absolute favorite public art ever. He's adorable and always there, waiting for you to say hi!
- this is a must see
- pretty awesome landmark
- Everyone picks the Big Blue Bear as a meet up spot. Better to go across the street and be able to view him and find your friends.
- Loved being able to share this landmark with my family
- Cool sculpture.
- This Blue Bear is the iconic statue, second only to the Mustang, that Denver is known for!
- Across the street from the back entrance to the Hyatt. Only gigantic blue bear- pretty hard to miss.
- If you want take a good picture, just do it from the right side of the bear sculpture..
- Best civic art in Denver.
- Growl like a bear!