Big Apple Meat Market
Grocery Store, Butcher, Market
529 9th Ave (btwn 39th & 40th St)
New York, NY 10018
- Giant meat locker beats the summer heat.
- Cheap and good. And don't ignore the atmosphere. It's so "New York," ya know?
- Come here for bargains on meat and groceries. Ignore the atmosphere and stock up for cheap.
- Limited space/selection isnt for everyone, though sometimes Im amazed at what I find. The price is right, lower than other shops, including the large grocery chains. Beat the rush, arrive early AM.
- @siggisdairy coconut yogurt $1.89 & @driscollsberry blackberries $2.59 for breakfast on the last Friday of 2016 - yummy treat
- Excellent produce prices. Easy in, easy out.
- Meat is cheap. Great little store that has everything you need
- Cheap meat and a good place for unique items like chicken hearts
- Good selection of market items. Check out the cheeses in the back.. Ramen is $1 a pack. They usually have specials on Gatorade.
- Big Apple offers competitive prices on some items then surprises you with ridiculous mark ups on others. And be careful at check out. I was charged $14 for things I did not buy. Stay alert in there.
- Best grocery option in the neighborhood: cheap and surprisingly solid selection. Half the price of food emporium
- Cheap meats!
- Great prices on various meats. I wouldn't buy the dry goods unless there's a good deal that week.
- The deli guys here are a trip!
- Newly renovated! Looks SO much better.
- Cheapest meats around!! Best selection of prime butcher cuts.
- Cheapest, freshest produce. Don't be deceived by the grungy area.
- Breadsticks to die 4:-)
- I sometimes show up too late because they close fairly early. Hours are 7am-7pm Mon-Sat and 8am-6pm Sunday.
- A grimy gem! Smoked slab bacon delicious and cheap for all ur cooking needs. Head next door to fruit/veg market too.