The Bell House
Rock Club, Bar, Event Space
- Stellar two room music and events venue. great bands, the best indie comedians. plenty of unobstructed views. Secret Science Club a must for all nerdlings.
- Check out the free once-a-month Secret Science Club (see http://secretscienceclub.blogspot.com/ for details).
- Geek out at the monthly Secret Science Club meeting, which includes a science lecture, signature cocktail/beer and Q&A with super brainiacs. - Erica Swallow.
- Good music, bouncers are tormented children on power trip though...
- Drink...A LOT (you're worth it!).
- Beer, beer and more beer...
- Did you know you can burn up to 500 calories an hour just by dancing? So get your groove on to your favorite DJ in this BK hot spot.
- The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel on tap is delicious (and has a high abv so be careful)! :)
- Feels like Brooklyn Bowl. But better.
- Secret Science Club is no longer a secret. Arrive very early if you want a seat (or, ideally, stay away so there are seats for the rest of us).
- Was my first time here and love this place already! Awesome crowd and spacious back room stage space. Will definitely come back for a show/ event. Bartender was really nice also
- In 2009, Japandroids began their inexorable rise with a Post-Nothing era show at the Bell House for CMJ that is still shaking the cobwebs from the ceiling to this day.
- what is there not to love about this place, except perhaps for the seedy ass block it's on?
- Go up to Ira Glass and tell him you love him. He'll buy you a drink.
- Very strict about IDs.
- You must bring your ID with you in order to enter, including for npr shows.... Definitely forgot mine :(
- The staff is TERRIBLE. SO Rude and disrespectful. Do not interact with them
- Their ability to process tickets and get people into the show has gotten pretty abysmal over the last year - seems to consistently take at least an hour just to stamp hands and get a crowd in. :(
- Whilst most NYC venues have a load of attitude, this is the nicest venue staff I've encountered. I just asked the hand stamp check girl if they sold ear plugs, and she just gave me a pair. Way cool!
- Amazing place to see a comedy show, live band or even podcast recording! Unique space, great beer selection, and cheap-ish tickets.