Beijing Pie House
846 E Garvey Ave #A (btwn S Orange Ave & S New Ave)
Monterey Park, CA 91755
- You'll probably start with a cold appetizer...You will get an order of the thick, handmade noodles...But we know why we're here. And as promised, xian bing are hot when you pick them up ~Jonathan Gold
- Lemme break the menu down...Homeland meat pie - pork meatBig plate noodle - Asian style spaghetti (beef)
- So good ! Just like Beijing's food
- The spicy tripe salad was the best tripe Ive ever had!
- Lamb pie (!!) with a flaky crust that is delicate but surprisingly holds up and keeps the super savory soup inside until youre ready for it.
- Beef rice rolls and lamb pie - everything is pretty heavy so use the spice and vinegar as acid to cut through
- Veggie pie
- Pan fried dumplings are best, but they sell meat pies it seems mostly. Green onion pancake is tasty to any palate.
- Here you'll find hockey puck-sized lamb pies known as xian bing. These innocent-seeming specialties of northern China dont looklike theyre hiding scalding-hot lamb broth inside, but they are.
- chang/gold recco summer squash and lamb pie
- The pies are giant doughy dumplings. Stand them up vertically in/on your spoon to capture their soupy filling.
- Start your meal with a cold appetizer or two: a plate of sliced celery spiked with soaked peanuts, or a little sliced loaf of bean curd with soy sauce and slivered scallions.
- Great green onion pancake. Decent xlb
- Beef xian bing
- Pork and green onion pie is my favourite!
- Leek and Pork pie was prime, and i highly suggest it. They have fancy noodles here.
- Try the Homeland Meat Cake -
- Must order meat pie!
- Greg Henry suggests ordering the Pork with Summer Squash Chinese Hand Pie and Homeland Meat Cake.