Beauty & Essex
$ $ $ $
146 Essex St (btwn Stanton & Rivington St)
New York, NY 10002
- Free champaign in the bathroom. Okay
- Beauty's got a nightly selection of crostinis (burrata, bone marrow...) called "Jewels on Toast", which unlike family jewels, your date will actually want to polish off.
- FUN FACT: They serve pink champagne in the ladies restroom, which definitely makes the wait more bearable.
- Enter through the rustic pawn shop and suddenly reveal a whole secret lounge. Tapas dishes and exquisite cocktails, this is a great place to start the night. Free champagne in the bathroom? Yes!
- You definitely CAN make a reservation but they definitely WON'T seat you anywhere near on time. Go to the bathroom and drink champagne so you can deal with the hostesses' attitudes.
- If you don't mind the loud 'scenester' atmosphere this place actually has good food. I like the lobster tacos, filet and burger. PS the free champagne in the bathroom weirds me out.
- Score! You've found one of Cosmo's Sexiest Cocktails. The Cranberry Flower is one of our favoritesa mix of gin, lemon juice, and cranberries is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.
- A must-dine in the LES. Get the lobster tacos, but you might need two orders. They're scrumptious.
- Complimentary champagne in the ladies' - amazing!!
- Beautiful people, tufted sofas, killer cocktails, shared plates (try the grilled cheese with smoked bacon and tomato soup dumplings)and complimentary pink champagne served in the ladies room.
- Lobster tacos. Must.
- Free champagne in the downstairs women's restroom every night! (girls only)
- The Manhattans are well made here. This place is literally another world. Make sure you wear your best.
- If they are making you wait in line at the door to get into the bar, just call and make a restaurant reservation, take a walk around the block, show up for your dinner reservation, then never eat
- Get the molten chocolate bread pudding if you have any room after dinner..Also, dont forget the champagne in the ladies room, genious idea!
- Make sure you get a Golden Peacock and Ruby Mojito. Not to be missed
- Massive and gorgeous with a drool-worthy menu, what's not to love?
- Thank you Mikaela! This place is just awesome! Beautiful place, Beautiful people, great ambiance and scrumptious food! Highly recommended.
- A chic pawn shop greets window shoppers, but those who venture in find a luxuriously decorated bar and restaurant serving roasted bone marrow on toast and lobster mac and cheese. - Green Guide Editor
- free champagne in the ladies restroom! lounge on the 60s' chic furniture and don't forget to tip your bathroom attendant.