This is sponsored recipe development on behalf of Stubb's Bar-B-Que Sauces. All opinions are are the contributor's own.
I have a serious thing for dips. From French onion chip dip to pizza dip and everything in between, dips are one of my favorite things to make and eat - especially on game day! And since the big game is just around the corner, I thought I'd share my favorite recipe for jalapeño popper dip, but with a Bar-B-Que twist!
It's no secret that I love a little heat, so pairing Stubb's Sweet Heat Bar-B-Que sauce with jalapeños, bacon and shredded Mexican blend cheese was sure to be a match made in spicy dip heaven.
It's also no secret that my husband is a little bit of a wimp when it comes to anything even remotely hot, so I save spicy recipes for days when my dad and brother are around. The family that chases atomic wings with milk together, stays together!
Not only is this dip incredibly delicious, it's also super easy to make. With just a handful of ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep, you'll be on your way to snacking nirvana in no time. Just grab a bowl, mix everything together, spoon it into an oven-safe dish (even a pie plate works) top it with a little panko for some texture and bake it up to bubbling, cheesy dip perfection.
This delectable flavor profile pairs well with just about any kind of dipper you want to try - pretzels, tortilla chips, even celery and jicama. If it's crunchy, it works with this dip.
I whipped this up twice in one week - it's that good! And since I knew my brother would flip over the sweet and spicy combination, I made a special delivery to his work along with a fresh bag of tortilla chips. I kid you not, this BBQ Jalapeño Popper Dip literally disappeared and my brother said he ate most of it by himself. He even asked for the recipe and that's kind of a huge deal. The guy doesn't cook much.
While I recommend serving it when you have a crowd, you can definitely halve the recipe into a portion that could easily be devoured by just two. I mean, cheese, barbecue sauce, bacon and jalapeños - how could anyone ever resist?
Grab some Stubb's Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q sauce the next time you're at the store, because this dip is absolutely not to be missed. Besides that, you'll want some on hand anyway - we've been slathering it on everything from chicken wings to kielbasa!
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup stubb's sweet heat bar-b-que sauce
- 2 4 ounce cans diced jalapeño peppers, drained
- 2 cups mexican style shredded cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in mayonnaise and Stubb’s Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in diced jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, and bacon. Sprinkle the top of the dip with Panko bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pretzels, fresh veggies, etc.