Scenic Lookout, Historic Site
East Battery (Murray Blvd)
Charleston, SC 29401
- Come look at the spectacular views Fort Sumpter and the Charleston Harbor!
- Great place to catch a breeze and cool off on a southern summer afternoon. Enjoy the view while cooling off.
- Amazing views make this one of the most romantic spots in the city.
- Come in the morning when the temp is cool and water glassy
- Dont just stare up at the gorgeous faades: The 1825 gem Edmondston-Alston House (21 E Battery) is open for tours. Green Guide Editor
- Great place to people watch and wave hello!
- Welcome to Charleston! It's not just an accent, it's an ATTITUDE! Text GEECHIE to 55469 to keep up with the haps! www.geechiegurl.org
- Having a picnic!
- Nice scenic area. Not the most impressive place in the world, but a fun trip. Parking is free but there's never any after 10 am.
- Nice place to let the kids or dogs run around. Always nice and cool from the shade of the oaks and the sea breeze!!
- Great scenic spot for exercising.
- The walk from Cheney Park (next to the Coast Guard Station at Tradd St. and Murray Blvd.) to the end of the High Battery is 1.2 miles.
- The view is gorgeous at all hours. Incredibly romantic spot. 1-2hr. parking, but careful: there's a circulating traffic cop that seems to keep close watch.
- Walk along the water for a breezy tour of the historic homes.
- The trees are great to sit on! !
- Earliest morning best!!!!
- Beautiful park and homes nearby!
- Watching dolphins!
- Tim Scott for Congress
- Sunset here is amazing!!!