Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse
Bass Harbor, ME 04653
- To get the best pics if the BHLH take the unpaved path (near the restrooms) off the back of the parking lot.
- Spectacular view in the morning, during day and in the evening, so no surprise it's a little Mekka for photographers, just make sure you don't fall of the cliffs! Great and family friendly place!
- I didn't make it to the unpaved path because I didn't check Foursquare. Don't make the same mistake as me! This lighthouse has more to offer.
- Try to get here ~1hr before sunset so that you can scope out a good location for your camera outpost before all the other tourists arrive.
- Path to the right of the lot is a paved path to the lighthouse that's steep at times. Path to the left is a unpaved path to a set of steep stairs that lead out to bolders to climb to get the best view
- Walk down that trail on the low tide time. Will be perfect!
- Yes you need to walk down the trail and down the stairs for the best picture of the light! Its not a bad hike!
- Bass Harbor Lighthouse is the perfect place to get that sunset picture. Take the trail left in the parking lot to get down closer to the lighthouse.
- Made it all the way down the harbor to visit this iconic landmark. Plan ahead to park along the side of the road, in case the lot is full.
- . . , .
- One of the many lighthouses in the area, take the trial to the left of the house in the parking lot instead of the main trail at right to get a better perspective of the lighthouse, cliffs, and ocean
- From the parking lot, the easy trail to the lighthouse is to the right and the harder trail (requires rock cobbling) is to the left.
- To get the views you've seen in pictures, walk to the far end of the parking lot down the path through the trees.
- The lighthouse is cool. Today is quite foggy but still worth the trip if you like such things.
- Get here early for a chance at good photos without other tourists in them.
- The path down to the water is by the bathrooms.
- Go at night.
- Bit off the beaten path but worth the trip to the other side of the park to see this. Nice little hike available off to the side where you can get some better views
- Go for sunset!