Lounge, Moroccan, Bar
65 W 70th St (Columbus Ave)
New York, NY 10023
- secret secret
- Shalel does not do any advertising. They only get business via word of mouth. So consider yourself "cool" if you've been there and if you're reading this, go there if you wanna be with the "in" crowd
- Simply put, this place is sexy and romantic, perfect for all you lovers out there. Grab a couple cocktails and split the bacon wrapped dates. Your night just got better.
- Such a sexy place...I'm coming back
- I am a regular here, I recommend the Lychee Martinis, Chicken Cigars, Lamb Meatballs, Shepard Salad, and the Hummus. This is a great authentic Moroccan underground restaurant.
- Such a romantic place, just make sure to turn your ringer down...
- Delicious, thoughtful cocktails in a great atmosphere of exposed brick and candles. If you're hungry get the lamb cigars and wrapped dates.
- Off the beaten path-down steps and down the hall-dark, cozy and very Moroccan. Conspicuous location. Mazza on the menu. Interesting drinks. Good place for two or twelve
- The perfect date spot
- Order 5 mojitos get 2 free! Come in and try it !
- This is one of our most favorite (and hidden) and exotic lounges in Manhattan. Its a great place for a romantic interlude over wine and hummus.
- The food is delicious and reasonably priced. Just beware of the waiter/bartender when he is on his period as he can be a little cranky. Won't ruin your experience though. Awwwesome cozy little place!!
- It's cozy; u can listen to other couples conversations.
- Still one of the best hidden date places in the city. The bacon wrapped dates and lamb meatballs are delicious!
- It's a classy place.
- Even the smell of damp, dark cave doesn't stop me from going back for more lychee martinis.
- Be sure to tip Jason well. :)
- Romantic, underground. I saw a tip saying "blink and walk by the entrance" and it's true. Delicious drinks-got Keylime martini, Desert rose
- Great date spot. Sit on the couches that are too small and order girly named cocktails.
- tasty tagines. lots of couples. looks like a date place. nice though