Old Worthen House
- Beer is cheap here and they have cool ceiling fans!!!
- Was one of Jack Kerouac's favorite places to "do research" Legend has it that he carved his name in the upstairs bar top
- Stay away
- Oldest pub in Lowell - classic dive bar! Cash only!
- Still my favorite "historic" dive bar in Lowell. Good jukebox. Good drink selection. Pretty reasonable prices for a Downtown Lowell bar. Oh, and freaking JACK KEROUAC used to frequently come here!
- Bar good was good. Homemade burgers. It has a small grill. If everyone shows up at the same time, like around an event at the Tsongas center, the service can be slower
- Cheap drinks. Good for a quick sandwich.
- The bloody Mary's here are amazing & the burgers are good too
- Place is a joke
- Never going back - bartender never said hello when walking in & it was dead!!
- Good juke box.
- They make a Malibu bay breeze wrong! Its made with pineapple not orange juice
- April & kristy are awesome
- My favorite attraction about this place is the maggot waterfall that sometimes happens in the outside smoking area from the apt above. #stayclassylowell
- Ignore the claims that this was Poe's favorite tavern. It wasn't a tavern in Poe's day.
- This place got invaded by hipsters since the last time I was there...
- Play whatever music you wanna hear. Thats the beauty of this place. Hip-hop included.
- Awesome place to watch a show
- Play no hip hop on the juke box. Just doesn't fit this place. Don't let another fine establishment fall through the cracks.
- Sing at open mic