Mine Shaft Tavern
2846 State Highway 14 N (btw Opera House Ln and Firehouse Ln)
Cerrillos, NM 87010
- Despite the address in the listing, the Mine Shaft is actually in Madrid. (Pronounced MAD-rid)
- Funky and full of locals, you can catch great music here several nights a week.
- Very special tavern. Good prices, good food. Even their pizza is good! Green chili cheeseburger is great. Blue cheese burger. Vege burger is mushroom burger is unique. Locals. Music. Laid back.
- Yes its a tourist trap but the beer and Mac and Cheese is worth it. Arrive early.
- Pork Enchiladas Plate best in New Mexico
- Tacos! Beer!
- Best beef brisket tacos ever! And they have a locomotive!
- Don't get anything with ice (or water)....the sulfur smell is strong. But burgers are great.
- Amazing shimp tacos and great service. Will be back!
- Very unique place with interesting and often grumpy wait-staff. Good food and beer. Good music most of the time as well.
- Funky quirky and cool. My type of place. The food is good too!
- My first time here..I like hole in the wall bars
- Sweet Potato Fries contain gluten (coating).
- Get an extra tortilla with your green chile stew! It's perfect.
- The jakes rock!
- We ordered the enchilada and it was the worst one Ive ever had. The fried artichoke was good. Perhaps we just ordered wrong and should have gone for their burger.