229 S 45th St (at Locust St.)
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- A tiny little whiskey bar set atop an Ethiopian restaurant in West Philly. Absolutely beloved by serious drinkers, whiskey freaks and cocktail hunters. Not bad for the beer drinkers, either.
- A speak easy for hipsters...doubles as an urban outfitters in the day
- Don't come on a hot day, hipster funk shall overcome you!
- As awesome as it is tiny.
- "The bottle list is great as is the whiskey and bourbon."
- Check out the huge variety of drink options !!
- Cant find it? Hint: climb the stairs that ascend above the Ethiopian restaurant Abyssinia.
- Hipster funk? You can't fake the funk, baby!
- Bluegrass night. Thursdays at 10:30. Amazing. The barkeep is great too.
- Dead Guy Ale with a shot of Captain Morgan mixed in = Dead Pirate
- this place is so dope
- Good list of beer. Very divey vibe. Great live music on sunday and Thursday nights. Feels like being in someone's living room.
- Cash only!
- Cozy and cool place for a whiskey on the rocks.
- The band. Oh, the band.
- Such an unassuming bar w/ a great beer selection! Over 100 options (only 2 on tap) & they just started filling growlers for $24. Love that you can order Ethiopian food from Abyssinia downstairs too!
- Amazing bottle selection
- Great speakeasy-like dive in farther reaches of West Philly. Plentiful, varied beer selection and hip cocktail creations. Small, intimate atmosphere.
- Respectable scotch list, even though bourbon is their fort.
- Huge beer selection, good whiskey cheap, and you can catch a bluegrass show here