The Ceili Cottage
- Kitchen has men with beards who don't where beard nets. Two entrees - both with hairs suspiciously beard length. Gave hair to server. He just shrugged. Your call on what you order. Great place though.
- Sticky pudding = best dessert ever. Try not to inhale it!
- try the oyster platters
- The sticky toffee is the shit.
- Ceili's Sticky Toffee Pudding is the best in the city. Trust me.
- Have the sticky toffee. It is BEYOND.
- Scrimshaw Oyster Stout....has a lovely evervescence. ..a bit prosecco like, with the philisohical depths of a good stout.
- Great service - try the bangers and mash! Really amazing salt cod cakes and of course, amazing beer selection. Any draft will do!
- Grumpy and mean bartenders. Just because they are Irish doesn't mean they get to be assholes. I'll leave this tip, but none for the service. Avoid.
- Have the peat-smoked salmon. It's unlike any other smoked salmon you've ever had. So good, so perfect, and comes with yummy homemade bread.
- Do not on pain of death order a half pint or a Kilkeny
- steak and sweet potato mash on Fridays... kick-ass
- The blood pudding tastes like salty brownies!!!!!
- This place is the best - atmosphere, taps list, Mac n cheese, sticky toffee, servers - all you could ask for in a local.
- Skip mushroom cheese dish and salmon dish, try mac and cheese (good!), the homemade bread (dense! Flavorful!), and the amazzzzzing toffee chocolate cake thing
- Mussels, Mac and cheese, beer.
- Apparently there is a traditional Irish matchmaker on staff.
- Check out the outdoor fire.
- Irish Whisky, Craft beer on cask, oysters, what's not to love?
- The mussels were to die for!