Barnegat Lighthouse State Park
State / Provincial Park
Barnegat Light, NJ
- If you want to try climbing the light house you better be in shape..I did it and had rubber legs for a week
- The park gates open at 8 but the lighthouse opens at 10.
- I like everything
- Beautiful. Just beautiful. Be careful of the fishermen on the walkway, though. Some dont watch their cast as closely as they should.
- Free parking, and a small museum with a live camera of the view from the top, if you don't feel like climbing the 217 steps with your kids
- I'm unsure whether this place is closed at night or not. So far so good. AMAZING views of the Milky Way in the late winter. Just be stealthy when shooting.
- Great place for fishing, long walks
- One of my top 5 hotspots for birding and Bird Photography
- great views from the top good food close by
- Always beautiful , clean and perfect parking! Places to picnic, great walking areas and clean , accessible restrooms.