Note: Bottled barbecue sauces come in a variety styles, ranging from sweet and tangy to bold and spicy. If you have a favorite, use it here.
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup (4-5 oz) diced, cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 Cups chopped Fiery Hot Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cup (about 5 oz) grated Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, or a combination of both
- 1 prepared pizza crust (about 12 inches across) OR 1 bag (about 16 oz) ready-to-bake pizza dough
Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Smear the olive oil on a 12-inch round pizza pan or a large baking sheet. If you are using a prepared pizza crust, place it on the pan. If you are using ready-to-bake raw dough, on a floured surface, roll, pat and stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle. Place it on the prepared pan.
Spread the crust or dough with the barbecue sauce. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer over the sauce—it’s okay if they don’t cover the sauce completely. Distribute the chicken over the tomatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Scatter the walnuts on top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake 18 – 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Cool for 2 – 3 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges.