Balsamic Braised Ribs and More
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Heidi Swanson's spinach chop mixed with egg, harissa, and lemon is surprisingly sweet.
• Double chocolate, walnuts, espresso — all the fixings for a gooey, delicious cookie.
• An easy stir-fry combines tofu, cabbage, carots, and red peppers for an quick, healthy meal.
• What to make in a classic Dutch oven? Mix up a chili and beans recipe, made with pinto beans, sirloin, and four different types of chile.
• Ricotta makes everything better — with some onion, spinach, and fettucine, this pasta dish makes weeknight meals special.
• Add balsamic vinegar and seasoned stock to this braised ribs recipe, then serve with polenta or potatoes.
Portland Press Herald
• Different meals, one sticky sweet ingredient: maple syrup. Use it in the grillled salmon with maple syrup and sea salt recipe.
• Another salmon recipe, this one with orange, chile, and bok choy.
Wall Street Journal
• Expect to be a hit at brunch with this recipe: pancakes, deep-fried with maple cream syrup.
• This grilled eggplant sandwich comes with veggie fixings, plus a creamy celeriac sauce.