Indie Movies, Movie Theater
3630 Balboa St (btwn 37th & 38th Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94121
- Such a deal ! First run movies and cheap tickets !
- Keep the Balboa Theater open! Support the Kickstarter!
- Cheap indy and "prestige" movies! Refillable large popcorns and sodas! A favorite during awards season when you can watch the Golden Globes and Oscars on the big screen for $10.
- Great staff, good prices, but disgusting bathroom. If they could keep that clean, 100% score.
- Cash only!!
- Daytime matinee is cheaper
- The Balboa has great first run movies for the cheapest ticket in town plus fresh popcorn and a totally funky vibe.
- And Gyruss
- Old school theater has beer popcorn and many popcorn toppers powders and salts
- Love their Rewind Wednesdays!
- Awesome old theater. They have themed days hosted with beer. Check the schedule for events.
- Great classic theater to see a movie in.
- Excellent indie theater, and increasingly doing cool programming too!
- Vintage neighborhood theater with an upgraded screen. If you live nearby, get the movie pack pass.
- Great neighborhood theater. Walk in last minute and enjoy!!
- Come on Saturdays at 10am for the Popcorn Palace. Classic movies with popcorn and a drink for $10.
- Balboa Star Wars!!!
- Balboa Theater captures the essence of old-timey movie-going with an ambiance frozen in time (and ticket prices that are well below your local multiplex).
- Free refills on coffee!
- Very cosy and cheap!