A couple of months ago my friend made me those bacon-wrapped guacamole chicken bombs that were floating around Facebook for the longest time. I thought the idea was pure genius and every since then I’ve been trying to find other new and fun things to stuff with guacamole.
Why had the avocado-obsessed blogger never thought to try this before?
I honestly have no idea. A flood of ideas rushed in but nothing seemed to work as well as that stuffed chicken. As I continued to contemplate how I could achieve such mastery, I thought — what if I turned this whole idea into a burger…?
Say hello to the brainchild of that epiphany… all stuffed with guacamole, wrapped in bacon, and topped off with some extra melty cheese for good measure.
This mess of meaty deliciousness is 100% going to become my Summer 2016 Burger; I can already feel it. I have yet to find another burger recipe that I’ve fallen so hard for (not to brag or anything, of course…).
I know you can’t see the bacon slices wrapped around the burger (all that darn cheeeeeese), but it’s there and instead of falling off your burger like it usually does, these slices of bacon are staying ON.
Even if you don’t stuff your burgers with guacamole (not sure why you wouldn’t, but let’s play pretend shall we?), at least start wrapping your burgers with a couple of slices of bacon. It’s such a genius technique, I can’t believe I never tried it before.
And to think, all this came from a little chicken recipe…
You’re welcome world.
For the Guacamole:
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice from half a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Burger:
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon
- 2 hamburger buns, cut in half and toasted
For the Toppings:
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- fresh tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Add the ground beef, paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and flour to a large bowl. Mix the meat together, using your hands is best here, until the spices are incorporated throughout.
- Form 4 small flat patties. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of guacamole to the middle of two of the patties. Top with the remaining two patties, pinching the edges tightly to seal.
- On a flat, clean cutting board, lay two slices of bacon down so they form an “X.” Place one of the stuffed burgers in the center and wrap the bacon up and over the patty. Repeat with the second burger and remaining bacon.
- Place the burgers bacons seam side down in a hot grill pan or cast iron pan. Cook until the bacon is crispy, approximately 5 minutes per side to get medium temperature in the center. During the last minute of cooking, add a slice of pepper jack cheese and tent the burgers with aluminum foil. Once the cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- Assemble the burgers, topping with sliced tomato, and serve immediately. Get ready to get messy!
- IHOP Launched a Pumpkin Pancake Stout With Keegan Ales
- The Absolute Best Thing to Eat in Every State
- These Cities Have the Most Millennials in the US
- 'Shot in the Dark' Is Dunkin' Donuts First-Ever Coffee in a Can
- 18 Indulgent Paleo Recipes