It’s your favorite late-night sandwich with some serious attitude. This sophisticated grilled cheese is stacked with bacon, apple, Brie, spinach and honey mustard. Each bite brings together savory, sweet and tangy flavors that will satisfy your every taste bud. But you don’t need our convincing… You read “bacon” and came running.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 23-28 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2-4 bacon strips
½ sweet apple, sliced
2 ounces Brie cheese
2 slices of lightly buttered bread
¼ cup spinach
2 teaspoons honey mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and place bacon strips on baking sheet lined with foil.
2. Bake bacon in oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it), flipping strips half way through.
3. While the bacon is in oven, thinly slice the apple and Brie cheese and set aside.
4. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
5. Place bread, butter-side down, on frying pan over medium heat.
6. Lay Brie slices flat on one piece of bread and then layer apple slices on top of Brie.
7. Spread honey mustard on second piece of bread and close sandwich by placing bread on apple slices.
8. Grill for 4 minutes on each side.
9. Remove sandwich from pan. Open sandwich and add spinach and bacon.
10. Close sandwich and serve warm.