$ $ $
Lists & rankings
- Backbar boasts a speakeasy vibe and creative concoctionsolive oil-based drinks, milk punch, and morefrom local legend Sam Treadway.
- Ask if Aaron is working. He's one of the cities best bartenders-oh-my-bad-I-mean-mixologist. Just get the man to make you a drink. He rules.
- Feel free to try your cocktails with our very own, Boston-distilled gin, Wire Works. They carry it there and we guarantee that you'll love it!
- Art nouveau chalk menu is hand-drawn by a waitress from Journeyman (next-door). Excellent.
- Excellent craft cocktails right in the heart of Union Square!
- Order from the ever-changing chalkboard menuperhaps some spicy caramel popcorn, bread and butter, or a charcuterie platter from chef-owners Diana Kudajarova and Tse Wei Lim.
- Check out the diverse selection of old cocktail recipe books on the left side of the bar, and then have one of the bartenders make your newly-discovered drink. They're always ready for a challenge.
- Make a reservation and be on time. This is one of the best cocktail lounges in the area!
- Best caramel popcorn evarrrrr
- Order a ramos gin fizz. But only one, and only if it's quiet; requires 10 minutes of shaking.
- Awesome service, the people here are super nice. The ramen was amazing too
- Most major American cities house a killer cocktail bar. Boston's Backbar boasts a speakeasy vibe and creative concoctionsolive oil-based drinks, milk punch, and morefrom local legend Sam Treadway.
- The ramen is so-so, but the cocktails are fantastic.
- Come here for ramen in the winter and make sure you add extra pork belly. So good!
- Not sure what you're looking for? A few brief words with one of the talented bartenders (I mean mixologists) and you'll be set up with something beyond words.
- Get there early, or go on a weeknight; it's small & delightfully intimate, but that also means a wait on a busy night.
- Difficult to find, however, that's exactly how a Speakeasy should be. Great atmosphere. Order the Dewar's 12 cocktail.
- You can reserve a seat at the bar, which is awesome. Literally call 'em up and ask for two seats at the bar and they'll hold them for you.
- Closed on Tuesdays. Should've checked that before visiting.
- Be yourself . Cause being yourself is cool. Drinks are lights out