The Avenue Bar
- In the conversation for best fish fry. Old school, east side place. Definitely worth a stop.
- One of the best Friday cod fish frys in town, clam chowder is a must. you want to call ahead though for reservations.
- Ask for the Bucky Bloody Mary.
- Great place for a round of Right Center Left.
- Always friendly service and great food!
- Spotted cow beer is spectacular!!! I need to find this in Ohio!
- Stu Levitan purchased Nixon's balls in a 1994 auction at the Avenue Bar. For other great moments and memories click "More Info" below.
- Call ahead for reservations
- Food is great, but don't plan on a quick lunch. They weren't busy and it still took forever! But again, the food was great.
- Stopped by the Avenue for a steak dinner (must go back and try the blackened steak) and one of their secret recipe Whiskey Old Fashioned. Excellent!
- Beer and food
- Fish Boil and Prime Rib
- Get the Cobb salad. It's a full meal.
- All day happy hour on Mondays & half price burger of the month on Tuesdays. I've never been disappointed here. Awesome bkfst too!!
- Ran out of corned beef and cabbage by 630pm on St. Patty. Bad planning?
- Super crowded on Friday nights, so make a reservation! It'll save you from a long wait.
- Great Food! Great Old Fashions! Great Staff! Great Place!
- Grilled chicken good but not much flavor
- Despite it's claims of having the best fish fry in Madison, it was only subpar
- Best. Curds. Ever.