Zoo, Tourist Information
- During the Great Depression "Monkey Hill", an artificial hill, was built to show the kids of flat New Orleans what a hill looks like. Local folklore calls Monkey Hill the highest point in New Orleans.
- Good zoo, not that great.
- If you plan on visiting the zoo, aquarium, and insectarium and have 5 or more people in your family, consider getting a membership. We are from out of town and used it for one week. It saved us money!
- The absolute BEST zoo I've ever been to.
- Besides all manner of animals, the Audubon Zoo offers a carousel, climbing hill, touring train, large play area and splash park for young visitors. -Travel Editor
- Make sure you feed the ducks and turtles! Not only are you having fun, but you support the wildlife funds too!
- If you haven't had the roman candy, you haven't lived. Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate... Doesn't matter.
- When the monkey escapes, they lock you inside until they catch him. He's a crafty little monkey. This is the second time he has escaped this year!
- Don't drop your cell phone into the nutraceutical rat lake enclosure...you'll never ER it back!!
- May is a GREAT month to go. Always opt in for the feeding times and if you have small kids the arm bands are completely worth it!
- Splash pad here is cool!!!
- Beat the heat @ cool zoo!
- See the sealion exhibit. Cinnamon was born in 1976
- This Zoo has an amazing amount of animals of all types! The "Cool Zoo" water park looks awesome and a blast for kids literally. Prices are a lot higher than BREC Zoo. They do offer student discounts!
- Kids had a blast!! They let you bring your own cookers of food for lunch. They also have peacocks walking around...this was the kids favorite part;-)
- Highly Recommend
- Gambit's Best of New Orleans Readers' Poll 2012 Winner: Best Summer Camp
- Saturdays are very crowded so go during the week, if possible If you have children, bring a wagon and a small ice chest; it keeps everyone happy and cuts the cost of the visit.
- Don't miss the white alligators!
- Gambit's Best of New Orleans Readers' Poll 2011 Winner: Best Local Charity Event (Zoo-to-Do)