AU – Cyrus and Myrtle Katzen Arts Center
Arts, Art Gallery
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW (American University)
Washington, DC 20016
- On 3/2/12, I was here for a panel on education with U.S. Secretary for Education Arne Duncan, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. Video here: http://bit.ly/yGzCjF
- Check out the new Visitor Center on the second floor.
- Gorgeous building and the museum is open and free! Second largest privately owned gallery in DC.
- Needs a much bigger recital hall! Very limited seating for such mahhhvelous concerts.
- They have great bathrooms behind the Katzen Cafe. Clean and cold.
- Get to class early for the best seating options. Fashionably late means sitting behind the pillar decorated like a tree.
- The Katzen student design lab is the 9th circle of hell during finals week. You can quote me on that.
- A small gem around the corner from the rotunda. Stop by to find music scores and recordings, listening stations, and use the lab with notation software and more.