Park, Other Outdoors
- This is one of several parks that AT&T and the city are bringing free wi-fi to. Enjoy with quite the view of Manhattan!
- Astoria Park's mammoth public pool hosted the swimming and diving trials for the U.S. Olympic Teams in 1936 and 1964.
- Stroll the East River waterfront overlooking Roosevelt Island and the awesome Manhattan skyline.
- Sit on the benches in the southern part of the park and enjoy the amazing view of New York City.
- View of Manhattan
- 1943 Shot of Astoria Park from Triborough Bridge
- Just across the river is this beautiful oasis that is never overrun with people! Enjoy running (there also a track), biking, tennis, a play or a relaxing picnic. They also have free WiFi!
- This park is popular for its team sports leagues but the park also includes a skate park, a track, a handful of bocce and tennis courts, and New Yorks oldest public swimming pool.
- The lawn near 19th Street is one of the most popular sledding locations in the city.
- Order Chinese take-out or pack up your own picnic. Great place to just relax, catch some rays, or just throw the football around. ***Perfect for cuddle session with your lovey!
- Good for exercising and running...
- Bring beers, but keep it in Solo cups. Don't be an obvious asshole and you'll never get a summons. Find the tall guy with the 1980's boombox (me) and have a drink. Enjoy the summer. Peace!
- Best park in NYC
- One of the city's most beautiful parks, Astoria Park is situated between the Triboro and Hellgate Bridges.
- I love the beauty and expansiveness of this park. It saddens me to see garbage on the ground, so I try to pick up a few pieces here and there each time I visit. I'd love to see others do the same!
- This park has everything. Wifi, plenty of benches, historical significance, waterfront views, a pool, playgrounds, picnic space, skatepark, tennis courts, and a track.
- Go to the track and ball fields to connect to free Wi-Fi.
- The view of Manhattan from Astoria Park
- Nice green place, you can have a breath of fresh air and have a nice view of the setting sun over the manhattan. Sometimes, there are free open air concerts.
- As of 5/23/2011, Astoria Park, along with all other NYC parks, beaches, and pedestrian plazas, is smoke-free! Learn more at www.nycsmokefree.org.