Plaza, Pedestrian Street/Plaza
Astor Pl (btwn Lafayette St & 4th Ave)
New York, NY 10003
- Grab a friend and spin the cube
- Take a photo with the cube. The best part is that it spins! Go ahead, push it!
- So romantic! An amazing intersection for architecture & people-watching. Fantastic street food/coffee/desserts served out of trucks.
- An amazing place to sit and watch the sunset
- Great spot
- Wikipedia: "Completed in 1904, it is one of the original twenty-eight stations in the [subway] system. The station is on the List of Registered Historic Places in New York."
- In Spiderman 2, Doctor Octopus hurls a car through the window of a restaurant in Astor Place, nearly killing Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
- Okay, this isn't much of a park... but if you spin The Cube fast enough you might have a career-related-epiphany.
- Try to move the cube and grab a coffee at the charming Starbucks of the place
- , . , .
- Be sure to check out The Cube!
- The cube rotates...
- Random Milton Glaser piece from the 80's in the subway below because why not.
- Check out St Marks Ale House on NFL Sunday for TVs nachos And cheap drafts all sunday. Assuming we have the NFL to watch this season.
- So many places to eat and drink esp with St marks just a few blocks away. I'm rarely here sober haha
- its a plaza!
- Cobble stone sidewalks are a part of the historical landmark essence that make Astor place great.
- Whatever you do, DON'T shop at St. Mark's Comics. Got followed around the store like I was going to steal something. Over priced back issues. Go to Midtown Comics.
- Spin the cube!
- Don't be an idiot and spin the cube