Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
6 chicken thighs
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
3/4 cup of dark soy sauce
green onions, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and assemble your ingredients.
2. Combine lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1/2 cup of dark soy sauce, black pepper and salt (at least 1 tablespoon) in a large bowl. Soak chicken thighs in the marinade until you want to cook. It would preferably be overnight, but I’ve made it almost immediately with no issue. If you want to make it immediately, sprinkle extra salt on the thighs before the cooking begins.
3. When it comes time to cook and the oven is preheated, place chicken thighs onto a baking pan without the marinade. Cover them in the remaining dark soy sauce and place the pan into the oven. Cook for 40 minutes.
4. After 40 minutes, pour the strained marinade into the pan and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and serve the chicken thighs over rice! Garnish with green onion.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: