Park, Garden, Field
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- The oldest public arboretum in America, this is a respected research institution and a beautiful public space. Explore their collections, take a tour or just enjoy the beautiful landscape!
- The crown jewel of Olmsted's Emerald Necklace, the Arboretum only allows picnicking on one day a year - Lilac Sunday. Hike up Peter's Hill and take in a gorgeous view of the Boston skyline.
- Free tours of the Arnold Arboretum Saturdays at 10:30, Sundays at 1 p.m., and Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. through November. arboretum.harvard.edu
- The best kept secret in Jamaica Plain! The trees are grouped by type. Check out the tags to see the name of each species.
- Run a few extra miles and join us. We're having a launch event at CitySports on Wednesday at 6pm. Try us on, run with us, become part of us. Here's the link: https://topo-athletic.eventbrite.com/
- The Arboretum was founded in 1872 when the President and Fellows of Harvard College became trustees of a portion of the estate of James Arnold (17811868).
- Beautiful nature trails and lots of them. Very scenic when up on top of hill.
- It's so beautiful and peaceful. You can go there at different times of the year and will always be in awe of what you see. That it's right in the city and accessible to everybody makes it more amazing
- The Arboretum's 35-piece Japanese Bonsai collection has plants up to 300 years old that were brought to Boston in 1913. Check out the trees resulting from this ancient Japanese tradition at no cost!
- Avoid the crowds on Lilac Sunday -- come by on Friday or Saturday to enjoy the blooms ahead of Mothers Day!
- Super easy to get to off Orange Line (Forest Hills). Unbelievable colors in late October, and no matter how many people are there, it always feels like you have the place to yourself.
- Come during the weekday and have the place to yourself. Best park in Boston!
- Have a picnic.
- See bonzai trees two hundred years old and amazing.
- Beautiful day to be here
- My favorite running place
- Peaceful, relaxing, friendly. Still in the city, but you feel like youre out in the country.
- beautiful garden with lots of paths to walk and places to have picnic at
- Very accessible right near the T. Come during the fall to see the beautiful foliage.
- Great place to sketch, relax and do whatever you want. Very scenic