Brand’s Q3 Transactions Record Tenth Consecutive Quarter of Growth as Restaurants Achieve Twelve Percent Two-year SSS Growth
Atlanta, GA (RestaurantNews.com) Arby’s, America’s leading Fast Crafted® restaurant brand with more than 3,300 restaurants worldwide, announced U.S. System Same-Store Sales (SSS) growth of 2.4 percent1 in the third quarter of 2016. Arby’s U.S. System two-year SSS growth was 12.0 percent.
Arby’s U.S. SSS growth doubled the 1.2% achieved by a representative sample of the larger Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) chains2. The growth represents 24 consecutive quarters of SSS increases, 15 consecutive quarters of industry outperformance, and 10 consecutive quarters of transaction growth.
As a result of Arby’s continued momentum, the Brand’s system-wide Average Unit Volume (AUV) reached a new record of $1.1 million through Q3 2016.
“The record Average Unit Volume among our system-wide restaurants is a testament to the collective efforts we’ve made along with our franchisees to continue to strengthen the Arby’s brand,” said Paul Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “Our multi-year trend of continued transaction growth is also a sign of the underlying strength of the Arby’s brand as we continue to attract new guests to our restaurants.”
The Brand’s sales and unit volume achievements were backed by the continued success of its Sliders platform. Since being introduced during Q3 2015, Arby’s has sold more than 160 million Sliders through the end of Q3 2016.
“Sliders have helped us provide value to our guests that is focused, not just on price, but on a wide variety of high quality proteins,” added Brown. “We expect the Sliders platform paired with high quality, premium core menu items and innovative LTO’s to remain a significant component of our menu strategy going forward.”
Additional highlights from the third quarter include:
- Burgeoning Restaurant Development: The Brand opened 28 new restaurants and remodeled 155 others system-wide in the first three quarters of 2016.
- Inaugural Sports Sponsorship: Dubbed by USA Today as “what might be the most on-brand golf sponsorship deal ever,” Arby’s became an official sponsor of PGA Tour player Andrew “Beef” Johnston.
- Enduring Impact Award Recognition: The International Franchise Association awarded Arby’s with the Enduring Impact Award for Arby’s partnership with No Kid Hungry® to combat childhood hunger. Over the past five years, Arby’s has raised more than $21 million to help end this widespread issue impacting one in five American children.
Arby’s, founded in 1964, is the first nationally franchised sandwich restaurant brand, with more than 3,300 restaurants worldwide. The Arby’s brand purpose is “Inspiring Smiles Through Delicious Experiences®.” Arby’s restaurants feature Fast Crafted® service, a unique blend of quick-serve speed and value combined with the quality and made-for-you care of fast casual. Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. is the parent company of the franchisor of the Arby’s brand and is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. Visit Arbys.com for more information.
With the current growth and momentum of the Brand, Arby’s is actively seeking new franchisees. To learn more about available markets and requirements, visit ArbysFranchising.com.
1 Source: Internal ARG data; includes estimates for unreported franchises at time of release.
2 Source: The NPD Group/SalesTrack® Weekly reports same-store sales collected weekly from 45 of the larger Quick Service Restaurant chains during Q3 2016, ending October 2, 2016.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them