I’m always looking for more ways to use apple cider in the fall. We always seem to buy it in gallons, no one asking if we’re out, always one of us just picking up more when we see it.
Drinking it straight up is just fine, the crisp flavor of cider is what we wait for all year and man, it’s worth the wait.
One of my favorite ways to drink cider is warmed with a shot or two of Applejack brandy and a cinnamon stick for stirring. Warms you up to say the least, but it’s such a darn tasty drink when it’s cold. Even if you’re not outside IN the cold, just trying to stay warm inside the house.
But you can also cook with cider, if you’re making dessert like these donut holes ( or even better a dessert cocktail like this Apple Pie Float) or you can use it to make dinner like this amazing pork roast or this slow cooker cider chicken.
But then – bam – you get one of those freakishly warm days in fall where you don’t really know what to wear or what to set the heat on in your house. Or just turn it off altogether… maybe even turn on the AC!
We get a lot of those days in October but we’ve even had them in November on Thanksgiving. One year my kids were running outside in short sleeves, no coats. And everyone’s inside the house sweating because the oven has been on for two days cooking that turkey dinner.
Here’s where we break out these Apple Cider Mojitos.
We still feel like we’re actually in fall, even if it’s 80 degrees outside, but we’re not drinking hot cider with brandy to warm us up.
We’ve got these cool, crisp, refreshing Apple Cider Mojitos to keep us cool…even if we’re sweating our tails off eating that huge turkey dinner.
So here’s what I’ll suggest, grab that cider by the gallons while its’ available. Then depending on the weather you’ve got a bunch of different cocktail recipes to choose from.
Hot or cold – fall or winter. I’ve got you covered.
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce apple jack brandy
- 4 ounces apple cider
- sparkling seltzer water, for topping
- apple slices
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise
- fresh mint
- Add the rum, brandy and cider to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well then pour into two copper mugs filled with ice.
- Top with seltzer and garnish with the apple slices, cinnamon sticks, mint and star anise.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record