Theater, Concert Hall, Entertainment
- The most legendary...from The Jackson 5 to James Brown...some of the greatest talent the world has ever known has hit this stage. and some of the WORST: check out Amateur night! lol and dress up!
- This theater began hosting African American acts in the 1930, starting with its legendary Amatuer Hour! See some great examples of African-Americans' contributions to us all: http://bet.us/BHM
- For many years, Apollo was the only theater in New York City to hire black talent. Ella Fitzgerald made her singing debut at 17 at the Apollo, on November 21, 1934.
- The Apollo is one of the most famous music venues in the US. It is a nationally registered historic space, and was the home of Showtime at the Apollo, a television show showcasing new talent.
- Historic landmark in Harlem; President Obama sang Al Greens Lets stay together at this venue in January 2012. http://nbcnews.to/IqbPER NBCPolitics.com
- The 1,853 seat Apollo Theatre opened on December 15, 1913 is most known for its Amateur Night, at which Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, James Brown and Lauryn Hill all performed.
- PHOTO: A father shows his sons the murals inside the lobby of the Apollo. Click "More Info" to see this great historic pic from 1954!
- A walk of fame, tourists, & celebs make this the draw of w.125th st. Someone is always hawking something out front, so always talk them down. Wed amateur night packs them in. Get in line 4 tix early!!
- This historic venue hosted America's first-ever Gorillaz Festival," during which the band--a.k.a. Damon Albarn with accompanying animations--played every song on their "Demon Days" album.
- I go to a lot of shows, and I have to say, this is the nicest and friendliest venue staff I've come across
- Make sure to go on Wednesday nights for Amatuer night
- For the film Malcolm X, the welcome for Joe Louis and the march from the police station to the hospital after the release of brother Johnson, were filmed on 125th Street by the legendary theater.
- Every Wednesday the Apollo hosts an Amateur Night, where you can cheer on performers or boo them off the stage! Be sure to get there early for tickets, as this night sells out quickly!
- THE BIGGEST HIP HOP CONCERT OF THE YEAR IS GOING DOWN ON JUNE 3RD, 2012 FOR MORE INFORMATION HEAD TO HOT97.COM NOW!
- This place was open during the Harlem Renaissance and witnessed the jazz legend Duke Ellington perform on stage.
- Did you know that you have to walk 2.5 miles from Randall's Island Park to the Apollo Theater to burn off the calories from one 32oz. sports drink?
- The Godfather of Soul, James Brown, recorded his live performance at the Apollo on 10/24/1962. It became the first Soul album to go platinum. Learn more at theurbandaily.com/music
- Still catching my breath. My face hurts from laughing.
- NY (Art) A place where music legends once performed and still do! Make sure to adventure uptown to catch a show.
- Apollo historic tours connect the past, the present and the future of our legendary venue, revealing the significant contributions of African-Americans and Latinos to the birth of global popular cultu