2461 Frederick Douglass Blvd (by 132nd St)
New York, NY 10027
- The Best Soul Food In Harlem
- Best fried chicken in Manhattan. Go with a group and also try the smothered chicken and pork chops. All the sides are excellent, especially the greens. And dont skip that cornbread!
- Fried chicken is crispy and juicy.
- The best fried chicken in Harlem, tho generally speaking there isn't a lot of great fried chicken uptown
- As of July 13th 2017 this place has been shut down by the health Dept. Call before attempting to go
- The breast is amazing, so moist and well spiced, sides are big enough to split, the lemonade is green (?!), iced tea is even better
- Amazing fried chicken
- They don't have a full menu available yet. Just chicken and a few sides.
- delicious fried chicken at this black-owned restaurant in a new, larger location. charles himself is still frying up those birds since he opened the resto in '84 (!); ask for the "center breast".
- Worth the trek to Harlem for this icon! Better than Amy Ruths!
- TO Top NYC 2019