State / Provincial Park
13112 Visitor Center Ln
Grafton, IL 62037
- Its worth the drive any time of the year: a beautiful park with trails, camping spaces, and cabins to stay in. The lodge has a stone fireplace and HUGE chess board.
- Walking trails are great. Lodge is really neat. Just a nice place to be.
- Hike all the trails and "stay left when connecting" to create a perimeter trail of the park. Hike the trail each season to truly appreciate - seems like a different trail each season.
- Wonderful place to have a retreat, reunion, etc. The Lodge sits on a hill overlooking the Illinois River.
- It's so beautiful here, love it!
- Beautiful trails, scenic views, great place to animal watch.
- Great food
- Great trails from difficult to moderately difficult...wear appropriate shoes for sure.
- Fabulous weekend escape destination. Great hiking, good food, wonderful scenery.
- Wonderful view of the river, & of the eagles when they are out & about.
- If you want to stay in a cabin with a fireplace, make sure you specify that when you book a room. Staff does not ask and only four have fireplaces.
- The park is a popular home to eagles, which are often seen along the Illinois River banks and spotted from various scenic lookout points within the park.
- Great place. Plenty of trails for all kinds of hikers. Good views.