English, Wine Bar, Champagne Bar
$ $ $
8 Northumberland Ave.
London, Greater London WC2N 5BY
+44 20 7808 3344
- Very pleasant atmosphere, excellent decor & of course, fabulous drinks & service!
- A welcome throwback to the days of former grandeur. This hotel-style brasserie is all about marbled walls, dripping chandeliers, & French & British classics dishes.
- Friendly, faded splendour and good for a quiet drink.
- Relax in the lounge over a glass of St. Stefanus.
- I am staying at The Grand Trafalgar Hotel wich is in the same building. I sit down in the sofa at the Boyds to wait the other friends, they just expelled me because i did not buy something.
- Hotel restaurant, they restrict the menu a lot for groups and are quite slow at service
- Good service and room. A couple of good British tapas - mushroom, Welsh rarebit. But overall tired and in need of new energy.
- Great value pre-theatre menu (including an interesting British taps section) in a grand setting. Full review on Scoff London: http://scofflondon.com/restaurants/boyds-brasserie-review-wc2/
- Service is a so so of a throw in stufx
- Service is so-so - is alright for cheap place, no good for 12.5% service charge!!!!!
- Great pre-theatre menu
- British tapas are amazing, especially the Welsh rarebit, mmmmmm
- Le club sandwich poulet-bacon faon Boyds est parfait. Je n'ai pas goter mieux depuis.
- Avoid at all costs. Pretentious owner, poor service. Better places nearby
- chilled and nice decor, but there are better cocktails elsewhere nearby
- You can also book online!
- Ask for the cocktail of the week.
- A great place to eat for any occasion
- AND the shoddy marble - cheap arses !
- The menu, an all-day, deliberate crowd-pleaser, veers from genuinely excellent - fat burger of ripe, juicy minerality - to frankly duff. Metro gave it 3 out of 5 Stars.