Dive Bar, Bar, Cocktail
1525 Wall St
Bakersfield, CA 93301
- Love that bar. Very kick back!!!
- Hands down, my favorite bar in Bakersfield.
- This wallpaper produced in 1955 is very rare. The only installations I know of were in Hirschfeld's own NYC townhouse, where it was painstakingly removed & preserved in 2016 the Frolic Room & here.
- One wall has amazing wallpaper- caricatures by Al Hirschfeld that can also be found at the Frolic Room, on Hollywood Blvd, next to Pantages theater.
- The Honky Tonk music
- Bloody Mary and dirty martini, plus the bartender is very helpful!
- Very comfortable bar in Bakersfield. Will like to come every year.
- Best jukebox in town. Cash only, fun crowd
- cheap beer
- Guy with big nose hole here!
- cheap bear
- Founded in 1940 as Oscar's Alley Cat. Oldest surviving bar in Bakersfield.