Landmark, Scenic Lookout
N Marshall Dr (near Iwo Jima Memorial Access Rd)
- The bell rings on the hour and on special occasions with music. Donated to the United States From the Netherlands.
- Best view of DC in town - day or night, but twilight is spectacular
- Beautiful spot, and great for watching the fireworks.
- In the fall you can climb to the top and look over all of DC. Very impressive!
- The tulips here in spring are gorgeous!
- Probably the ugliest monument in the whole DC area. If it wasn't for the view, this place would be one to skip.
- Great view!
- The Carillon has scheduled recitals every Saturday, and the surrounding park area is great for a picnic!
- Check out the concert schedule.
- Love the view of DC from here. Never crowded.
- Beautiful fields lined by Tulips with extraordinary views of the DC monuments reflecting the sunset. Popular with photographers when the full moon rises over the Capitol at dusk.
- Best place to watch the sunset in DC.
- Hard to tell what it was unless you stopped to read
- Live concerts every Saturday here at 6 pm from end of May to 1st week of September.
- Fabulous view of the city!
- The first bells were installed in the carillon in 1954, which was then located in West Potomac Park. Since 1960, the carillon has been next to the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial.