Scenic Lookout, Historic Site
810 W Clinch Ave
Knoxville, TN 37902
- There's no wigs here
- Don't jump in the elevator.
- Erected for the 1982 Worlds Fair, the globe atop this 266-foot-tall tower is layered with 24-karat gold dust. Each of its panes cost roughly $1000 at the time of construction. (From Aerial America)
- Did you know? The Sunsphere and the Tennessee Amphitheater are the only remaining structures from the 1982 World's Fair.
- Contrary to popular belief...no wigs.
- We're parked under the wigsphere
- Pretty Sweet
- No wigs =\
- Great views of the city
- Decent views. No wigs. Place is falling apart though
- Cool relic from the World's Fair!
- Beautiful view especially at sunset.
- Slowest elevators ever! The view of the city is awesome, but the gold on the windows makes the glass look dingy when looking outside.
- I loved the view from the restaurant, but I wish you could go to the very top
- It is very shiny!
- Music in Motion DJ & Lighting for Wedding & Events!... Visit our site @ www.MusicInMotionProDJ.com
- An icon of the 1982 Worlds Fair, this landmark appeared in a March 1996 Simpsons Episode where he and three friends travel to the Sunsphere and find it is now the Wigsphere (a warehouse for a wigs)
- Cool new bar called Icon.
- nice view from the top layer
- Tip the awesome bar staff. Check out the Rocky Top Comedy Contest Fri October 14th just two blocks away at the Square Room http://www.rockytopcomedy.com