Lighthouse, Other Outdoors, Historic Site
215 Lighthouse Rd
Cape May Point, NJ 08212
- Stop by the visitor center for great local suggestions for families & kids. Must go to Sunset Beach just down Sunset Blvd where kids can dig for Cape May Diamonds & see sunken ship. (Free!!)
- Go for a walk on the beach. It's amazing.
- 199 steps to the top
- Wear flat shoes or sneaks
- See the lighthouse, but try to come at sunset.
- Climb the lighthouse and look for Delaware
- Smarty's Face Painting is the best! Wednesday s at the point for July 2013
- Save Some Bucks and Your Kids can Climb for Free Thank You to the Cape May Mid Atlantic Center or MAC
- No boogey boards in the water :( but completely gorgeous otherwise!
- There's nothing like the Cape May Lighthouse - gorgeous :)
- It was built in 1859 under the supervision of U.S. Army engineer William F. Raynolds, was automated in 1946, and continues operation to this day.
- One of the tallest lighthouse is on the Atlantic coast great view from the top if you want to walk the 205 steps
- Wonderful wild life preservation area, go for a short hike, views of the lighthouse are better from the beach anyway
- The scenic view are very nice, specially by sunset
- I walked up all 199 steps!
- Very nice lighthouse.
- Take a trip to the top and try to find your house
- Go here Saturday mornings for yoga on the beach
- Awesome trip and being a big guy I made it to the top!! You can too!
- So pretty!