2nd St. (btwn La Reina Ave. & New St.)
Downey, CA 90241
- I stopped by the man selling natural honey. For the first time I tried a honeycomb. You are supposed to chew it like gum, suck out the honey and spit out the wax. It was actually really good.
- The farmers market is now on Downey avenue between Firestone and 4th street.
- Market days are on Saturdays 9am - 1pm
- Delicious, fresh made pupusas!
- Try the mommas hummus it is delish... faves are original roasted red pepper, black bean hummus. Also try to bolani. And the strawberries are 5 bucks for 3 little boxes good deal. And fresh garlic.
- Best Hummus =)
- This market is my new favorite. They were likely my one-stop-market. They had fresh vegetables, meats, and fish. Aside from that, they had various types of cheese and dairy.