State / Provincial Park
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Great place to relax during summer.
- See the fountain at the Point where the Monongahela & the Allegheny meet to form the Ohio. Kayak and bike rentals nearby, also see the Fort Pitt Museum.
- A great spot in summer and host to many festivals and concerts including the Arts Festival and Regatta.
- Who needs the beach when you can walk around Point State Park!
- sitting riverside as the sun melts down ...can't beat it!
- Did you know? The fountain in Point State Park, which sprays water up to 150 feet (46 m) in the air at the head of the Ohio River, draws upon water from an aquifer that passes beneath the park.
- The fountain is back on! Its the finishing touch on the city, like the star on the top of a Christmas tree.
- Fountain grand opening June 7th!!! :D
- Take your shoes off
- When the fountain is going, you just seem to enjoy the point so much more.
- Most people don't realize that it's a state park not a city park.
- If you're planning on coming down today, hurry & bring a flotation device
- Spring is almost here and the park is a minefield of Canadian goose poop!
- Nice fountain, otherwise dull
- Awesome! Such a cool spot when visiting! A must see.
- Gorgeous at nighttime! Note, fountain shuts down 10 minutes before 11pm and the park closes at 11. Plan accordingly.
- Good place to get cooled off in the fountain
- Brilliant place for the 4th of July! Food vendors, music, good crowd...yes,yes,yes.
- Some of the nicest views in the city.
- I love coming here to hang out, read a book, or do water sports. Too bad it's getting cold. I guess I'll have to wait for the spring.