NW Lighthouse Dr
Newport, OR 97365
- The fly situation is out of control. (August)
- Tour the lighthouse, explore the tide pools and learn in the interpretive center.
- Stopped here on a whim as we drove up the Oregon coast. Well worth your time. Tidal pools to explore, gorgeous scenery and great views of a variety of wildlife, from birds to seals.
- Interagency pass works here
- Great tour of a working lighthouse. Our wait was only 10 minutes.
- You can often see gray whales offshore from here! Definitely worth more than $7.
- Don't stop your almost to the top and the view is so worth it.
- Such a beautiful area! We weren't aware that you could walk down on the beach to see the tide pools, so make sure you have on appropriate walking shoes to take advantage of all there is to see.
- Get there early to avoid crowds!
- Nice lighthouse and amazing view. Good area for hiking
- Beautiful views, even for those who have limited mobility. Fascinating and breathtaking.
- We drove from cannon beach to florance and this was the most scenic spot we stopped. For best views, park at the interpretive center and walk to the lighthouse.
- Be prepared if the weather is nice... the kelp flies are out of control.
- The flies. Omg. This place is freaking swarming. They won't leave you alone at all. I went back to the car after a few minutes because it was so overwhelming.
- Great spot for watching seals and cormorants.
- Worth a short wait to climb to the top. Could also just spend hours on the views.
- Trivia: There used to be a lightkeeper's house on the grassy area bewteen the tower and parking lot. Be sure to also check out Yaquina Bay Light a few miles south of here if you have the time.
- 7 bucks!?!?! Yeah right
- Tours of the lighthouse daily at 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, and 10:30.
- Def. Worth $7, but it could take a while to climb up the lighthouse. We waited over an hour... Lots of other things to check out though. Not to mention it's beautiful...