Landmark, Historic Site
1 Air Force Memorial Dr (Columbia Pike)
Arlington, VA 22204
- Best place to watch DC fireworks on Independence Day! AF Concert Band plays before and during the fireworks and you can see the shows from all around the area because the hill is so tall!
- awesome view of the city and it usually isn't mobbed by tourists, which is nice. plenty of free parking too. Stand in the center of the towers and look up for a great photo op
- This Memorial may just have become one of my favorites. Great view of the City and Arlington Cemetary (if you stand in the right spot). Super peaceful, quiet and calming.
- Awesome view of the city and parts of the mall. It's incredible how few people are ever here. Very tranquil.
- 15 min. walk from the Pentagon and the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial. Worth the detour.
- Fantastic view and fantastic music
- The runners are going under the shadow of this memorial, so it's a fantastic place to view the course and D.C.
- This is one awesome structure. Its like three fighter jet contrails blasting off into the upper atmosphere in opposite directions.
- Go there and you can see Arlington cemetery and pay homage to all those who died for our freedom !
- Walk underneath the left most pillar until you are directly beneath the tip.
- Sleek and understated
- Great memorial with a great view over D.C. - if you have the chance go there as early as you can!
- Sper gzel bir mekan
- My favorite monument, design-wise. So different and modern than other memorials. Stunning, sleek, and majestic!
- The guard gets real pissy if you have children running around. Dogs are not allowed in the property unless they stay in the car.
- 11 .
- Probably the best place to get a view of the Pentagon.
- Take the bus ride to the memorial from the Pentagon Metro station.
- Not worth the special trip
- Outside the downtown (near Pentagon) but must visit.