South Portland, ME 04106
- Perfect place to relax! Just sit down and enjoy the sound of the water hitting the rocks and the smooth wind blowing on you to make feel at ease!
- OK with dogs during low tide. High tide too many dogs. Bug Light is so much bigger, brighter, with more parking
- Very limited parking, as this is a neighborhood beach, quite small, and near both Portland Headlight and the former GE facility for manufacturing, which Jack Welch closed. Coast Guard station nearby.
- Make sure you make it up to the fishing shacks to get the view of Portland Head Light
- its great here
- This is a little gem of a spot. Peaceful, clean, soft sand, nice view, not too crowded
- Sunset views!
- There's a playground here if the kids need a break from the water
- Very nice place to go for a walk and sit and listen to music of the ocean
- Time for the return of people digging their toes in the sand without worry. Nothing like a clean sandbox
- Sadly some people ignore the rules and bring Dogs to the beach when they shouldn't.
- Park on SMCC campus in lot B to get closer to the beach.
- Great dog friendly beach!
- The light here in the evening just before sunset is really awesome. Great time to come down, walk the beach and look out at the bay.
- Nice quiet kid-friendly beach. Would be nicer if everyone followed dog rules and times
- love taking the puppy here - dogs are allowed off leash after 7pm April-September and anytime after that!