Indie Movies, Movie Theater
- The ultimate date-night destination to see a movie. If you really want to impress your date, try to snag a seat on the balcony - the view is great!
- A great place for a unique movie experience. The theater has a really vintage feel to it and shows only one movie at a time. Try to be seated on the balcony where you will have the best view
- Get the best view by sitting in the center seats up in the mezzanine.
- Seats ride a bit low.
- People taking their kids to 'The Illusionist' are parents of the year. The closest I ever got to seeing a Tati as a kid was when my dad accidentally threw a lit cigar into our outside trash bin.
- Go for the balcony
- There aren't a lot of classic cinemas left in the city now that megaplexes are here, but this single-screen theater is still going strong. Pro tip: try to sit in the balcony.
- A real NYC treasure showing indie and foreign films. Curtained screen and a balcony, this is how films were meant to be seen. Go on a weekday afternoon and pretend to be a middle aged lady of leisure
- The balcony is underrated
- "real industry people sit in the balcony" - BB
- A great theatre to see a movie. I've attended several movie screenings there.
- Nice theatre, perfect for going to the movies solo
- Look over the worn carpets and rickety seats. Its a step back in time. the clientele is locals who have been coming here for decades. A NY institution. Bonus: a chance to meet the filmmakers.
- This is one of the more unique theaters in Manhattan. The screen isnt that large but there are tons of seats with velvety cushions.
- Nice theater experience. Definitely sit in the balconypreferably first row center section. Works best if you buy in advance and have your tickets on your phone.
- Love the old school charm of this single screen theater
- Be sure to arrive right when seating begins because they will start the movie on time even if they havent gotten through the line.
- Charming theater! Loved sitting in the balcony.
- Nice, comfy theatre, but a very poor selection of food
- Special movies